Friday, May 4, 2018

Facebook and Blogger

They each have their own purposes.  Facebook is for shorter items, while these blog pages just scream to be filled in.



Like with this post.  I put this up when I was first playing around with the FB page for the book.  And you can go here -- https://www.facebook.com/LeRoyWileyGresham/ -- to read the Buzzfeed article!  Just scroll down until you find it.

It made me smile at the linkage.  LeRoy does talk about the other boys playing "town ball" and you can just hear him longing to be playing with them, too.  They do find a role for him, but I won't spoil it by telling you what it is... although if you want to guess, go to the post and let's see if you're right!

Here on Blogger, I'll be able to ramble on a bit more than I do on Facebook posts.  I guess it's just the writer in me, or maybe the tendency I had as a teacher to expound while kids were taking notes from the PowerPoint on the screen.  So when I see things like this, I'll post them!  I think all the connections that we can make between our lives and the lives of people in the past, the less distant they seem.

So check out the very bottom of the frame of this page, and you'll see a link to "Amazon" and to "Facebook."  Yes, I have an author page on Amazon and go there and check that out too!  And be sure to let others who might be interested in this unique look at the Civil War know about LeRoy and his story.  Readers don't have to know all about the battles or the leaders, because LeRoy will tell you all about them, so it's a good book for people who aren't as well-versed in this era as others are. 

That's the beauty of LeRoy's journals -- they are accessible to everyone!

No comments: