Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Another Interview and Blog Post

Since I started working on my research for both LeRoy's story and the other work I have in progress, I have found Facbook to be an amazing resource.  I've gotten to know others who are just really interested in the topic of the American Civil War, men and women who both are involved in the hobby of Civil War reenactment, and several authors and teachers. 

One very interesting author I have met is Ann Marie Ackermann, who is an American with an impressive legal background who now lives in a small town in Germany.  Having lived in a small town in the Rheingau myself, I think it was one more common thread that allowed us to get to know each other a bit more.

Ann Marie recently did an interview with me, which she has just posted today!  You can find it at https://www.annmarieackermann.com/leroy-wiley-gresham/.  Being a lawyer, she asks wonderful, insightful questions that really allowed me to bring out the depth and the importance of LeRoy's journals.  I am so grateful that she chose to include me in her blog!


 When her book came out, I ordered it:

    If you like murder mysteries, this is a book you will like.  Ann Marie has solved a very long cold murder case in her book -- one that remained unsolved for 146 years!  I am very much looking forward to meeting her in person at the Gaithersburg, Maryland Book Festival on May 19, 2018 when she and the mayor of Boenningen will pay the descendents of the man who solved the case their long deserved reward.

No comments: