Friday, May 11, 2018

The Georgia Book Tour

The beginning of my book tour is not far off... only FOUR weeks to go! 

I can't tell you how excited I am by all of this!  Literally, this amazing book has gone from a contract with nothing yet written to a book currently at the printer.  And in less than a month, I will be sharing LeRoy's inspiring story to audiences in many different parts of Georgia.

This is a state I will admit to not having visited too often, at least not unless I was just passing through.  Usually, I spent the night in a hotel off I-95 outside of Savannah on my way down to visit my mother in Florida.  Being a former Girl Scout leader for both of my daughters, we have been to the lovely city of Savannah a number of times and I am not allowed to come home without salt water taffy from the candy store on the waterfront!  This time, my trip there will have much more meaning due to the new understanding I have of Savannah's role in the Civil War, long before Sherman made it his target in his "March to the Sea."

                           So here it is! 

Saturday, June 9 (1pm & 2:30pm) - 1842 Inn in Macon

Sunday, June 10 at 1pm - Rosemary Inn Bed and Breakfast in North Augusta 

Monday, June 11 at 7pm - Central Georgia Genealogical Society in Warner Robins 

Tuesday, June 12 at 12pm - National Civil War Navy Museum in Columbus 

Tuesday, June 12 at 7pm - Blue & Grey Museum in Fitzgerald 

Wednesday, June 13 at 7pm - Jimmy Carter Presidential Library in Atlanta 

Thursday, June 14 at 7pm - Bartow History Museum 

Friday, June 15 from 5:30 to 8:00 pm - Acworth Bookstore

Saturday, June 16 - Chickamauga Chattanooga 1p-5p in Fort Oglethorpe

Sunday, June 17 from 1:30 to 3:30 pm - Walker County Historical Society in Lafayette 

No comments: