Sunday, May 27, 2018

What I Am Learning From Interviews

There is no such thing as doing too many of them!

I've done some radio (which still make me nervous) and some with newspaper journalists (which are much more relaxed).  Both kinds are fun, because I get to talk about a subject that I really believe in, and the response I have gotten has been amazing.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/article211164589.html 
This is what I posted on the book's Facebook page today.  It's a wonderful article from the Macon Telegraph with a video with a local Macon historian to provide some visual context.  This kind of exposure will give LeRoy's story more prominence, and bring the book to new audiences.

I think a part of our hard work -- and the staff at Savas Beatie has been so creative in thinking of new ways to get this book coverage and exposure! -- has begun to really pay off! 

The hardcover version is the #1 new release in the "U.S. Civil War Confederate History" category!  This version releases in less than a week, and you can still pre-order.  Just follow the directions in the previous post.

The Kindle version is the #1 new release in "19th Century World History"!  This version is available now!

Also new to the market is Dr. Dennis Rasbach's ebook I Am Perhaps Dying, which goes into the medical aspect of LeRoy's story.  It is FREE on Kindle right now and will be also available in paperback in October.  His contribution to LeRoy's story is pivotal, as he used his extensive medical background to clearly identify the terminal illness from which LeRoy suffered throughout his journal writing. 

I am so grateful for all of the amazing support I have gotten during this journey!  In one year, Ted Savas, Dr. Rasbach, and I have gone from concept to published book.  I'm now learning about the process of marketing -- something I've never done before, if you exclude selling Girl Scout cookies! -- and will soon begin my first book tour.  In the background of the photograph above, you can see the interior of the 1842 Inn, the former home of the Gresham family, and where our national debut will take place. 

Keep reading for more updates, schedules, announcements, and my insights into this journey!


No comments: